Wednesday, February 18, 2015

'Downton' Chat: Season 5, Episode 7

Welcome to Downton Chat here at Edwardian Reviews!  I must admit, I am a shameless Downton Abbey fan.  I've been watching since the very first season and, although much has changed, I am still a diehard-Dowtonian!  Since this blog is all about the Georgian and Edwardian periods, I thought I would introduce a weekly "Downton Chat"!  Basically, I will share my thoughts with you about the latest aired episode and I hope you will do the same.  Caution: Spoiler alerts ahead!  With that, off we go!

What I loved about this week's episode:
  • Atticus and Rose: I absolutely love Rose; she's one of my favorite characters on the series.  She's witty, free-spirited and who can resist her gorgeous outfits?  I think Atticus is a perfect balance for her character.  I think he's charming and I love the fact that's he's Jewish, creating a subtle divide within the family.  Traditionally, aristocratic families married within social circles and religions.  The fact that Rose fell in love with a man that is Jewish shows that she is a non-conformist....just one more thing to love about Rose.  How do you feel about her choice?
  • A peek behind the Dowager's veil: Not literally, of course!  One of the tenderest moments in the series, I thoughts, was Violet's admitting that Isobel is her friend and confident.  There was always that quiet bond, but to see Violet speak of it, especially to Mary was a priceless moment for me!
  • Edith coming clean: Poor Edith!  Can this lady ever get a BREAK in love?  I confess, Edith isn't one of my favorite characters, but I was happy to finally see her tell the truth to Cora.  Although the rest of the family is still blissfully unaware of the scandal, I have a feeling the truth will be coming out in the end.  Knowing Edith's luck, it'll probably be in some shameful and heart-wrenching way...but let's hope not!  Maybe there's some happiness for Edith and a light at the end of the tunnel for her and Marigold...
That does it for this week's Downton Chat!  I hope you've enjoyed it!  Please feel free to leave some comments about your thoughts on this week's episode.  Until Sunday, Downtonians! x

No comments:

Post a Comment